Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-22-2022 01:54 AM
So I have seen where many people have been having the issue of their iPhone showing no internet connection when trying to connect to the HP Smart app on their phone. Tech support has no idea what the problem is so I got on the internet and found out many people have this same issue. I read one comment on a message string by itself and the person stated he went in and disabled his other languages for iPhone (which I thought was a fluke) by for the sake of trying everything I did it as I had English and Spanish enabled because I do both. What do you know, IT WORKED. So if you are in the United States uncheck everything except English-US and it should work. As soon as I opened the HP Smart app, it immediately asked me to log in and started working.
12-27-2022 06:57 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue using HP Smart with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist you better:
- Could you please help me with the iPhone model number and the iOS version on your device?
- Do you get any specific error messages when you try adding it using HP Smart?
While you respond to that, please try the below steps to resolve the issue.
Remove HP Smart App from your phone:
- Touch and hold the app.
- Tap Remove App .
- Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm.
- Once the app is removed, go ahead and Update the software on iOS
- Restart your phone and then install the HP Smart app ( Reference Document )
- Once the app is installed try to add the printer and try printing.
If the issue persists, then update the printer firmware and try adding the print on your iOS device again.
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
You may also try using the Apple AirPrint feature to print.
Print with AirPrint
- Open the app that you want to print from.
- To find the print option, tap the app’s share icon or or tap .
- Scroll down and tap or Print. If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.
- Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
- Tap Print in the upper-right corner.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community