1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

locked IP printer password from IP address website

HP Recommended
HP Ink Tank Wireless 415
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello, 

I am trying to set up my printer in HP smart and in order to register the printer I need the claim code which I can retrieve from the printer itself by going into the printer through the IP address. I don't know how I locked all services from the printer and I cannot unlock it.

Please help, Tatiana 

2 REPLIES 2
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,043 25,921 1,431 1,498
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,518 19,519 1,401 1,630
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Oetam, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I see that you are not able to access the EWS page of the printer as it is asking for login credentials. As this printer does not have a touch screen, we do not have an option to reset the printer to its factory settings.

We can try restoring the network settings to defaults that may help. This will delete the wireless settings on the printer. After the reset, you will have to connect the printer back to the wireless network.

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding further assistance or service options. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation