Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5549
iOS

airprint has been used successfully for years. Nothing has changed in my network-- BUT i have changed one habit:I use hp instant ink & my printer usage is low.I have always kept ptr powered off until I need it,& this has worked well for me.Lately HP emails nag me incessantly to keep it turned on.When I do this,the next time i need to print, I get the no air printer error.Always, every single time. I've been able to restore service by the usual resets or by removing/re-adding the printer. Two days ago, though, out of the blue, the no air printer error appeared & cannot be cleared by any means that Ive tried, including: powering down/up router, printer, phone in that order (per Apple forum rec); removing/adding printer; checking for errors/status on network config page; updating phone to latest (14.7.1)

Luckily, I can still print wirelessly from my laptop, but dagnabbit, I like printing from my phone & I want that functionality back. I cannot fathom how this happened when the only change is that i started leaving printer powered on all the time.

I'd be thrilled & grateful for any clues leading me to a resolution. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, one two printer, in two different locations and no solution in sight!

HP Recommended

OP here, back with an update.  I've spent several hours on phone with hp support. [even with an out-of-warranty, obsolete printer, I still have access to phone support at no charge, due to having an instant ink account :)}

The first call was with a tech from the Mac side, since my reported issue was with airprint.  This session ended with my also losing ability to print from my PC.  The next two agents (over a 3-day timespan) helped me restore printer capability from my laptop--so at least I was no worse off than when I initially called.  

The various steps (& results)required to restore print cability indicate to the experts that my printer-network connection is too degraded & unstable to support airprint.  Several purchase offers have been extended to me.  No urgency on my part; as long as i can still print wirelessly from laptop, & airprint is more or less a luxury convenience.  But I will begin price-shopping and comparing the various models that have been recommended.  

Thanks to anyone out there who has read & given some thought to my dilemma.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.