Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3790
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having added my printer on my HP Smart account, I wanted to select the e-mail addresses from which the printer will accept priting jobs. Unfortunately, when I type in an e-mail address and click 'Add', I receive a prompter to type in a valid e-mail. I don't know why this happens, as the e-mail I am typing in is definitely valid. I have tried a few e-mail addresses, and every time I do so, I receive the same message. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lobster2004, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use your HP Smart account (formerly HP Connected) to manage who can print with your HP ePrint email address. By default, anyone who knows your HP ePrint email address can send print jobs.

1. Sign in to HP Smart.

If you have not set up an HP account, go to Setting Up an Account on the HP Smart Website.

2. Select your printer, if it is not already selected.

3. Scroll down to ePrint Access, and then click ePrint Access.

4. Select an ePrint Access option to manage additional users.

• Open to Anyone (Default): Anyone one who has your HP ePrint email address can send print jobs.

• Blocked: User email addresses not authorized to send print jobs with your HP ePrint email address.

• Allowed: User email addresses authorized to send print jobs with your HP ePrint email address.

Selecting an ePrint Access option

5. If you selected Blocked or Allowed, type the email address you want to add, and then click Add.

Clicking Add

6. To remove an email address, click the Remove icon next to the email address.

Clicking the Remove icon

If you still have issues, share the picture of the error screen for further isolation of the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lobster2004, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use your HP Smart account (formerly HP Connected) to manage who can print with your HP ePrint email address. By default, anyone who knows your HP ePrint email address can send print jobs.

1. Sign in to HP Smart.

If you have not set up an HP account, go to Setting Up an Account on the HP Smart Website.

2. Select your printer, if it is not already selected.

3. Scroll down to ePrint Access, and then click ePrint Access.

4. Select an ePrint Access option to manage additional users.

• Open to Anyone (Default): Anyone one who has your HP ePrint email address can send print jobs.

• Blocked: User email addresses not authorized to send print jobs with your HP ePrint email address.

• Allowed: User email addresses authorized to send print jobs with your HP ePrint email address.

Selecting an ePrint Access option

5. If you selected Blocked or Allowed, type the email address you want to add, and then click Add.

Clicking Add

6. To remove an email address, click the Remove icon next to the email address.

Clicking the Remove icon

If you still have issues, share the picture of the error screen for further isolation of the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Previously I did everything exactly as you described, but for some reason no e-mail address was accepted as valid. I tried once again today, and everything works perfectly well. There must have been some bug the previous time. Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Lobster2004

Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.