Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scudman
Level 1
7 5 1 1
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

officejet 4500 g510N and eprint. Can it be configured or not?

HP Recommended

Windows 7. Wireless connection on a Belkin router at home. Box for printer says eprint capable, but can find any setup instructions.

13 REPLIES 13
Cole_M
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello scudman,

Unfortunately the HP Officejet 4500 is not an ePrint-capable printer. The printer would support Google Cloud Print, which could offer you a cloud printing solution. You can read more about Google Cloud Print by clicking the link below.

http://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
drmrfrk03
4 4 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please correct info on

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/eprint/officejet-printers.html

which refers to FEATURED | Officejet printers with HP ePrint   "View Full Lineup"

View Full lineup points to

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/officejet/?jumpid=re_r11400_us/en/hho/IPG/eprinthub:office...

I just wasted 2 hours trying to find out how to print out the web services code only to find that this doesn't exist. 

0 Kudos
r5moores
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AND HERE TOO......HP OFFICEJET 4500 WIRELESS

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01619067

frustraiting.

0 Kudos
Jon-W
Retired
Retired
735 734 71 191
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm going to clarify a few things here as far as eprint goes for this printer. First off, it does NOT support eprint. The link posted that shows the "full ineup" is referring to the entire hp printer lineup, not the full eprinter lineup.

The next post actually links to the Eprint home and biz app supported printers. The naming is slightly confusing, but the app itself can print to most networked hp printers, without using HP Eprint. In this app the 4500 is fully supported for printing from an iOS device. This was a little less confusing when it was called HP iPrint, but they added a new feature when you can link an eprinter to the app so you can still print from it even outside of your own local network.

Hope this clears things up a little bit.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
browpow
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After downloading the app, i am trying to set up the 4500 printer via the wifi.  It is asking for an email address for the printer though.  Is an email addressed assigned to this printer?  If so, how do I go about finding it.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
clam627
1 1 0 2
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know what you are clarifying or why. The HP site says the Officejet 4500 series is ePrint compatible. It is not. This means the website is not presenting accurate information.

I know this thread has been dead for two years, but for anyone else coming here, the HP ePrint app for your Apple device will NOT work to print to your OfficeJet 4500 Wireless. Don't beleive HP's webiste info, FAQs, and setup installation that claim the contrary. This printer does not have an email address or ability to be recognized by the ePrint App.

On another note, looking at the ePrint app, it seems like a pain anyway. You need to use the HP web browser and configure mail accounts to print? Seriously?

UchihaIzaki
Level 2
11 10 1 1
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

might be dead for a couple of years, still misleading. 

LLeigh
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wasted a lot of time on this as well because it says click here to check if your printer works with eprint and the 4500 is the first on the list!  

I downloaded the eprint for my iphone and set it up - but its not working from there either.

0 Kudos
LynnSK
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I couldn't agree more. Everything says it is ePrint compatible. So I downloaded the app. Now it won't work. Frustrating.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation