Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

phone to printer connections

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7155 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The HP ENVY 7155 printer can be connected to a smart phone through WiFi. Can the smart phone be physically connected to this printer by a USB cable to a USB port on printer?

Or would I be able to connect smart phone to PC and download photos from phone to PC than send to printer?

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Nils_K
Level 12
333 333 19 36
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Khan1864 ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

Both ways work! 😊 If you want to connect your (Android) smartphone to your printer, check out this support-document:

HP Printers - Printing With a USB OTG Cable (Android) 

@Khan1864 wrote:

Or would I be able to connect smart phone to PC and download photos from phone to PC than send to printer?

You can do this as well! Which smartphone do you use? I might be able to help you with the connection between computer and smartphone as well. 😉

Cheers!

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

Khan1864
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Nils_k

the smart phone that I use is a MotoZ2 play android

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Khan1864
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Nils for answering the first part of my question! Best Buy customer support said that I can run all the printer options (print from web, PDF's from emails etc,) through my phone's hot spot but I needed Wi Fi to wirelessly print photos from my phone to the printer. Your answer solved the problem!!

0 Kudos
Nils_K
Level 12
333 333 19 36
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Khan1864 wrote:

Your answer solved the problem!!

Great! I'm glad that I was able to help you. 😊

If you have any further questions in the furture, you know where you can find us. 😉

Cheers!

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation