Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-1056
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer.

How do I print from my Android phone?   

Phone is asking for IP address.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bonmarie

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am glad to assist you to connect the printer to your android phone.

Are the printer and the phone connected to the same wireless network?

If yes, follow these steps to connect the printer.

Install the HP Smart app and set up the printer

1. Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.

2. Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.

3. Download the HP Smart app from 123.hp.com (Android)

If you are prompted to sign in with Microsoft to use the app across devices, you can sign in or click No, thanks to continue.​

NOTE: 

Disconnect from a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.

4. If you are setting up HP Smart for the first time, you must create or sign in to an HP account to access all printer functions.

5. If you are using an Android device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on the device.

Bluetooth helps locate the printer during setup.

6. Open the app to set up your printer.

• If your printer is found, follow the instructions to complete the setup.

• If your printer does not display or to add another printer to the app, click the plus sign , and then follow the instructions to add the printer.

• If your printer is not found, continue to the next step.

7. Restore the network defaults from the printer to place it into first-time wireless setup mode.

• On the printer, select Restore Network Defaults from the Wireless, Settings , or Restore Settings menu.

•  

8. Within two hours, click the plus sign in the HP Smart app to add the printer and set it up on your wireless network.

Refer to step 2 in this document to know how to use the HP Smart app:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.