Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am trying to download the Printable "Scan to Email" onto my  Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw but It keeps throwing an error?

When I  bought the printer (yesterday) i was told that I could set it up to Scan in a document and have it automatically send out as an email to a recipient.  How do I accomplish this?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi grahammccarthy,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to scan to email using your Laserjet Pro MFP M177fw printer. 

You didn't mention which operating system that you are using so I've included the links for all the supported operating systems on how to scan.  There is a section titled "How to scan with HP software" and in there you can find a sub-section titled "How to scan to email".  It is in the sub-section that you will find the instructions you need to follow to be able to scan to your email.

How to Scan: Windows XP

How to Scan: Windows Vista

How to Scan: Windows 7

How to Scan: Windows 8

How to Scan: OS X v10.8

How to Scan: OS X v10.9

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi grahammccarthy,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to scan to email using your Laserjet Pro MFP M177fw printer. 

You didn't mention which operating system that you are using so I've included the links for all the supported operating systems on how to scan.  There is a section titled "How to scan with HP software" and in there you can find a sub-section titled "How to scan to email".  It is in the sub-section that you will find the instructions you need to follow to be able to scan to your email.

How to Scan: Windows XP

How to Scan: Windows Vista

How to Scan: Windows 7

How to Scan: Windows 8

How to Scan: OS X v10.8

How to Scan: OS X v10.9

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have a similar question but it didn't resolved by the above solution.

Just got a HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw and successfully set it up with ePrint driver for wirelessly printing.  My question is :  Are there ways to scan a document, and send to an email, without a computer physically connected to this new printer which is advertized as a wireless MFP?

On the main screen of this printer, there's no "scan" bottom.  I also see the apps named "scan to email" and wondering if I can "install" it and use it as a "scan" bottom, and scan documents wirelessly.

It's a good printer, and thanks for your hard work!

HP Recommended

Step by step -

I want to walk up to my M177FW

place a document on it

scan it to either an email address or a folder on a server on my network

My old unit the OfficeJet 6500 could do this - i cannot believe the newer tech cannot.  Please tell me what i'm doing wrong and please do not ask me to walk to a PC and run special software.  Use the scenario above - thank you

HP Recommended

I have an HP Color laser jet pro MFP M177fw. 

i have an iPad Air and an iPhone 6 plus running IOS 9.0.2

both are connected to the printer wirelessly and the printer is connected wirelessly to the Internet.

i want to scan a document to my email

HOW CAN I DO THIS??

frustrated!!!!

HP Recommended

What are the steps to scan a document on Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw?  

My operating system is OSXEI Captain, Version 10.11.2

HP Recommended

all urls dont work (anymore).

it result in a standard help page, where you have to set your origine and language first.

it doesnt (re)direct to a forum thread.

the urls point to this site:

Schermafbeelding 2016-08-11 om 11.49.57.png

I've bought my MFP M177fw this week, and am installing it at the moment.

I used this help:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03953936

In the windows startmenu is NOT a "scan to email wizard"

the video says: if there is no "scan to email wizard" than the printer isn't installed right. so i installed it for the third or fourth time by now.

I also tried the MFP's webserver, by connecting to in with the browser AND with the "HP device toolbox" from the windows start menu. (I think that it is called that way in english.) The both DON'T have a scan tab, so no way to configure scan to email.

I've connected the MFP wireless AND wired to the router/internet device. In this device I've turned universal plug and play on.

I'm not sure the HP MFP connects to the internet, it connect to the router fine: I can connect to its webserver, print and scan from/with an laptop (wirelessly connected to the same router).

Please help me out, I'm getting a bit dissapointed about this device

HP Recommended

I want to scan to email and, since NBN, the scanner does not work. What must I do?

DS

HP Recommended

Did HP enable Scan to email on the Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw? That is, scanning direct from the printer without having to use a PC? All my (very) old printers used to do it and I find it very odd that this one doesn't. I just bought the printer (Oct 2019) and even uploaded latest firmware. When I bought this MFP I assumed that this is one of its basic features. It is VERY annoying having to go to my PC each time I want to scan something.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.