Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

That just gets you to another app, Hammermill which isn't hp smart app or even close.  Still not getting the old, or new whatever will get the HP smart app. Someone must know how to get the hp smart app back after rebooting your phone and reinstalling. It's just a reinstall. Just had the app a minute ago and now I need it back.   😞

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I  had to reboot my Android smartphone, went to play store to reinstall my apps, and HP smart app will not load back in my phone. I'm getting a msg saying app isn't compatible with my device. Which I just had the HP Smart App 3 minutes b4 rebooting. I Really need this app. I use it for everything. Please help

HP Recommended

It isn't solved. Please revise that check mark under solved. Thank you

HP Recommended

@JBarrecca, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following-

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Are you trying to install the HP Smart App on your computer or a mobile device?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

To:  TEJ1602

Using my mobile device as stated.

Device: Samsung:

Galaxy J3 (2016)

Model: SM-J320P

Android Version: 5.1.1

Printer model :

HP Officejet Pro 8600

print|fax|scan|copy|web

Need anything else?

HP Recommended

@JBarrecca

Thanks for waiting.

HP Smart is not compatible with your android 5.1.1

Your mobile device should have android 6 or above to use the HP Smart App.

Thanks for understanding!

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.