Redcossack
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

wireless printing on Photosmart C4480

HP Recommended
C4480
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I know that the C4480 printer does not have wireless capability. However, since my router is on the first floor and my printer is right above me on the second floor will it be possible for this printer to work IF:

I installed a WiFi Extender just 3 feet away from the C4480 and then connected the two devices with a USB cable.

1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,311 31,025 5,348 12,448
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Can support standard connectivity solutions, USB cable, or network connection on network-enabled printers.

A USB port of a router, which is called a Print Server, would likely require a different configuration from the Print Server side.

Please consult your WiFi Extended documentation and check what steps are required to share a printer through its USB port, if a such is even supported by the Extended, or what even the USB port purpose is, it doesn't necessarily mean it supports a printing device, it may only support storage devices for example.

Most print servers require different configuration steps, by sharing the printer through its web interface and probably by manually adding a printer from the computer.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation