Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet 5258
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using fairly new Hp desktop.  Bought hp5258 and when I print wirelessly, it prints in SUPER LARGE type.  Got a receipt and it printed on 3 pages when it could have been completed in 1/2 a page.  Seems to only happen when I print from my ipjone

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @EveDyer

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Have you tried printing from a different device and check if the issue persists?
  • Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word/photos or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

To know how to adjust the font size on your iPhone, refer to this document.

Use AirPrint driver to print from your iOS device

1. Make sure the printer is turned on, ink cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

2. Open the item you want to print, and then tap the Share icon  or  .

3. Tap Print or the Print icon  to open Printer Options.

4. Tap Select Printer to select your printer.

5. Change any of the following print job settings. Available settings vary depending on the app you are printing from, the print job type, and your printer.

• Paper: Make any paper size changes on the printer. AirPrint automatically detects the paper size loaded in the printer or the size selected on the printer control panel. If the detected size is different than the paper in the tray, an error might display asking to confirm the size.

• Number of copies: Select how many copies you want to print.

• Black & White: Select to print in grayscale. This option only displays for color printers.

• Double-sided printing: Print on both sides of the paper for certain file types.

• Page range: Select specific pages within a document or webpage to print.

Printer Options screen

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Comer

I only print from either my desktop or my cell phone. Those are the only two devices that go to my wireless HP printer. When I print from my email it prints extra large. That should not have anything to do with how big the font is actually on my phone. The websites I print from our varied. For instance I was grocery shopping and wanted to print out the list of food that I was ordering. Nothing printed it goes into the queue but it won’t print. I do not know what else to tell you. Got a bill from somebody that did something for us and one simple paragraph and his signature printed on two separate pages. I just don’t understand why I can’t print from any website and emails all print out in like a 55 or 75 font. Thanks again

HP Recommended

@EveDyer

If you have tried the steps in my previous steps and the issue persists, use the HP Smart app to print.

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.