Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I bought this printer off Gumtree and was told it was working, got it delivered and I have changed the ink cartridges, as the cartridges were very low on arrival

I have ran all the diagnostic tests and they come back fine, I have aligned the print head and only red lines come out with a green bird at the bottom, updated drivers, cleaned it on the printer and today cleaned it manually with a printhead cleaning solution and there is stil no joy

When I print the report all of the colours come out apart from black, the other colours have a black border surrounding,  but the area where it should be black remains white

I have tried to print a document with text and the whole page comes out blank, apart from words in blue ink

I am wondering is there another solution ? or do you think I need a new printhead?

I don't want to buy a new printhead if this will not solve the problem or if something I can do in order for my current one to work

I appreciate your help, thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi can someone help me with this please? 

I'm still unsure if I need a new printerhead or not? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you alredy replaced the inks cartridge and ink still does not come out of the printhead, you need to replace the printhead.

The new printhead comes with a seet of ink cartridges, make sure you use those when installing it.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hi Mike

Thank you for your reply

I was really disappointed that nobody replied considering the amount of people that have looked at my post and the amount of time that it has been displayed on here

I emailed several places for advice and nobody could give me advice on this, incase there was a solution that I did not do in order to save buying a new print head, I ordered a new print head and was on order for a while as they were waiting for stock

Yeah straight away, this solved my problem and was incredibly sharp, with the ink supplied and new printhead

Thanks very much for your time and advice 

Best Regards 

David Murphy

HP Recommended
I'm experiencing the same issue.
How did you solve yours?

Thanks

Patrick
HP Recommended
New print head?

Thanks

Patrick
HP Recommended

Hi Patrick

Yeah unfortunately I had to buy a new print head and it worked straight away, so I don't know what the problem was with the other one, all of the other colours worked and it looked to be in good condition, I used cleaning solution to clear it out also, helped with the other colours but not the black one 😞

Is it anything black that is not printing? or just on A2 and A1 prints? because even when I replaced the printhead, I had another problem, my printer would not print a full A1 sheet.

This was down to the drivers, I didn't want to ring HP up as  I heard they charged you or sold warranties, but I rang up and was told, for free, it was the driver that was at fault, the standard one makes this problem occur, so it was a driver called  PCL3, that was needed, now it works fine, was just wondering if that might work, before you but a new print head as they are not cheap 😞

But if you can't print out anything black then it does sound like a new Print head is needed 😞

HP Recommended
Happydave : Afrer using half of a bottle of cleaning solution and cleaning the head it worked.
Thank you for your response.
Patrick
HP Recommended

Hi Patrick

Thats brilliant, much cheaper than a new print head,  sounds like it took some doing 🙂 glad you got it sorted 🙂

HP Recommended

Can you share the specifics on the cleaner and what steps you followed to clean?

Thanks,

Kelly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.