Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14-am015tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, can someone help me.

My HP 14-am 015tx have no sound coming from speaker, scorsing sound from headphone, but sound comeout from TV when connected thru HDMI.

according to device manager all sound devices are working and drivers are up  to date. (Intel(R) Display Audio & Realtek High Definition Audio)

I have run the diagnostic tool for audio in Windows 10 - no change

I went on HP's website and ran through all items in the audio troubleshooter that including uninstall, install newest driver from HP, hard reset, updating bios. 

I am using 6.0.1.8036 driver version

System Summary.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Melldori

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 14-am015tx. I read that there is no sound from the laptop speakers and through the headphones you hear harsh sound. You have run the audio troubleshooter in Windows and have uninstalled and reinstall the audio drivers, updated the BIOS and the issue persists. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any hardware changes happen on the laptop recently post which the sound issue started?
  • Do you have an external pair of speakers to check with?

Meanwhile, Let us run the hardware tests on audio by following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete. Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted on the results. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Melldori

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 14-am015tx. I read that there is no sound from the laptop speakers and through the headphones you hear harsh sound. You have run the audio troubleshooter in Windows and have uninstalled and reinstall the audio drivers, updated the BIOS and the issue persists. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any hardware changes happen on the laptop recently post which the sound issue started?
  • Do you have an external pair of speakers to check with?

Meanwhile, Let us run the hardware tests on audio by following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete. Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted on the results. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
@MKazi

Thank you for responding

And to answer your question

Did any hardware changes happen on the laptop recently post which the sound issue started? NO

Do you have an external pair of speakers to check with? NO

Result of Speaker Audio Playback Test : FAILED
ID GQ9X64-8GU8LA-MFGK7F-219703
No sound at all from speaker

Result of headphone Audio Playback Test : PASSED

Is it confirmed hardware failure then?
HP Recommended

@MKazi Thank You

Customer call centre have confirm that it is hardware problem

HP Recommended

@Melldori

You're most welcome. 🙂

Yes, the failure ID indicates towards a hardware failure. Thanks for letting me know the result.

Take care!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.