Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-da0017ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

15-da0017ur the microphone on the combo jack of the headphones does not work. I reinstalled the drivers from the download center. The equipment itself is on the list, but there is no sound. Microphone troubleshooting section on the site did not help, support site didn't help - ПК HP  - Устранение проблем с микрофоном (Windows 10, 😎 | Служба поддержки HP®

What could be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

After contacting HP technical support by phone, the problem was solved, the microphone worked !! The first step was to update the BIOS, there was a version of 2018. Updated by Dec 18, 2020 F.35 Rev.A.2021-03-30_143359.jpg

Then, after several reinstallations of the drivers, we found the only suitable driver, although support insisted on reinstalling the system after several unsuccessful installations, and I said that reinstalling would fix the problem temporarily.

A new version appeared on the website with the software download, but I had not noticed it before, Windows (64-bit version) was selected and then I did not try to change it myself. But there are still several samples of other versions of Windows 10 - I chose my own and the selection, in addition to the unsuitable driver, appears the required Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Kaby Lake / Gemini Lake (Windows 10 v1803),2021-03-30_143416.jpg which is not in the Windows combo sample ( 64-bit version) (forgot to add there?). I think this is an omission of HP and the driver needs to add sampling.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

2021-03-18_190415.jpg

HP Recommended

@iliafi

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, that sounds really challenging.  

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake, thanks for your help, but I hasten to say that the problem is in the drivers, your recommendations are unlikely to help. Because in a few days no one helped me here, I decided to find a solution on my own and bought a yusb sound card, not expensive, and tk. the laptop only has a combo headphone jack, I purchased an audio adapter for connecting speakers and a microphone separately, I did not find a sound card with a combo jack. After connecting it, I found the reason for the microphone not working, which I mentioned above - the driver. They were installed by the windows system automatically. The driver that is listed in the audio downloads on your site, the system itself reinstalls and installs its own, it does not work correctly, this driver is just for a sound card with 2 jacks - a microphone and speakers. Those. the problem is that after a reboot, the system itself starts reinstalling its driver, and the one installed by me removes it.

HP Recommended

The incorrect driver itself looks like this (installed by the Windows system)2021-03-21_162533.jpg

HP Recommended

If you follow the recommendations of Echo_Lake, the problem will temporarily go away, this is true, but after installing the latest Windows updates, the system will reinstall its driver, the updates are the same for the entire Windows family. Before that, I had no problems, the system was updated and the drivers were also apparently, and after the last additional update, the driver apparently changed.

HP Recommended

@iliafi

Thank you for posting back. 

I can see how that would be difficult, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Have a great day ahead!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

By clicking on the link, available authorized service centers in the city cannot connect remotely, you need to carry the laptop yourself and have it repaired for a fee, of course, this does not suit me. What other options are there?

HP Recommended

@iliafi

Thank you for posting back. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

After contacting HP technical support by phone, the problem was solved, the microphone worked !! The first step was to update the BIOS, there was a version of 2018. Updated by Dec 18, 2020 F.35 Rev.A.2021-03-30_143359.jpg

Then, after several reinstallations of the drivers, we found the only suitable driver, although support insisted on reinstalling the system after several unsuccessful installations, and I said that reinstalling would fix the problem temporarily.

A new version appeared on the website with the software download, but I had not noticed it before, Windows (64-bit version) was selected and then I did not try to change it myself. But there are still several samples of other versions of Windows 10 - I chose my own and the selection, in addition to the unsuitable driver, appears the required Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Kaby Lake / Gemini Lake (Windows 10 v1803),2021-03-30_143416.jpg which is not in the Windows combo sample ( 64-bit version) (forgot to add there?). I think this is an omission of HP and the driver needs to add sampling.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.