Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17-bs061st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

JBL Flip2 portable bluetooth speaker used to work fine but havent used it for a while now when it is connected bluetooth no sound comes from speaker and laptop speakers are still functioning?  Bluetooth setting show connected , Called JBL they said I need the A2DP drivers for my laptop. Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I guess the problem has to do with either the iTunes app or with the settings/program for the laptop/windows10  itself.... I was trying another bluetooth speaker (paring) and it pared but the speaker was too low on battery to play (then suddenly the JBL started to play also?????) SO The problem does still need to be fixed or addressed with HP or windows10???? at some point??? As I assume that this problem will resurface, maybe the drivers for the other speaker /UE boom, are also compatible with the JBL???   ITS WORKING!?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @KatGV

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Download and install the Bluetooth Driver (A2DP) from this link.

You may also refer to - 

HP PCs - Connecting a Bluetooth Device (Windows)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting a Bluetooth Connection

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Asmita6658,  When installing I got a message stating this was alredy installed so I let it install again, said yes to all to overwrite..... the problem is the same....   I hear the bluetooth connection sound from my JBL speaker (same as before) the laptop shows it is connected to the JBL (same as before) but when I play a song via iTunes no sound comes from the JBL speaker (same as before).  So this did nothing to help my situation... I was told by JBL that I need to get  the A2DP Drivers from HP for my laptop but going onto HP in my laptop support section I dont see anything that says A2DP drivers????      I see that this states that it is the A2DP driver but there must be some other issue as is had worked in the past??

HP Recommended

@KatGV

Does this happen only with iTunes? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have only used it with my ipod which works still with the JBL, and blue toothed to my laptop  how else would I check?

HP Recommended

I guess the problem has to do with either the iTunes app or with the settings/program for the laptop/windows10  itself.... I was trying another bluetooth speaker (paring) and it pared but the speaker was too low on battery to play (then suddenly the JBL started to play also?????) SO The problem does still need to be fixed or addressed with HP or windows10???? at some point??? As I assume that this problem will resurface, maybe the drivers for the other speaker /UE boom, are also compatible with the JBL???   ITS WORKING!?

HP Recommended

@KatGV

Try selecting the Bluetooth device as default -

Right click on the volume icon and click on "Playback Devices". Right-click on the Bluetooth speaker and click on "Set as Default". 

Also, try - Settings > Devices > Bluetooth > More Bluetooth Options, then make sure the Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.