Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I installed Windows 8 Pro on my HP 450 G3 and upgraded to Windows 10 (I had to upgrade because there was no display driver allowing diming of screen). Now there is SmartAudio error message after startup "A conexant audio device could not be found. The application will now exit."

CxUtilSvc is running and set to automatic startup type.

I already tried to uninstall drivers (tried to uninstall in both normal mode and safe mode) and tried to install drivers from driver CD and HP website.

Any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Same error same Laptop HP Probook G3 , Upgraded from windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.

has latest drivers

SmartAudio error message after startup "A conexant audio device could not be found. The application will now exit."

Faild to create Conexant Audio Factory, The smart Audio will now exit

CxUtilSvc is running and set to automatic startup type.

HP Recommended

As I didnt get any help I just reinstalled and upgraded again. No error messages now.

HP Recommended

I have a few new ProBook 440 G3, just upgraded from Win 7 Pro 64bit to Windows 10 Pro 64bit that had the same problem. What I did is.

1. Download the latest Audio driver from HP site (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7834513&swItemId=ob_158042_1&swEnvOid=419... a SP73979.exe file.

2. Extract it to the ProBook and install it.

3. Reboot after the installation.

4. You will still get the error after login again. No worry.

5. Goto this folder C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\SA3\HP-NB-AIO, run setup64.exe.

6. You will be prompted to UPGRADE, go ahead.

7. Then reboot the laptop again.

8. After login, the error is gone. But it is not done yet, you have no sound on the laptop.

9. Simply goto the taskbar and look for the Speaker icon, click on the Troubleshoot sound problems and the problem will be fixed.

Hope this helps, it resovled my problem after I tried many different ways.

HP Recommended

Great!!

Probook 470 G3 --> Problem resolved

HP Recommended

APM-Raymond

Thank you for your post.  Your fix resolved my issue with an HP G450.  We just purchased this machine and ran the upgrade to Win10 when this error started.

HP Recommended

Thanks!

This resolved my same problem on an HP 470 G3 after upgrading from Win 7 to 10.

HP Recommended

Please give a Kudos if it solves your problem. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Perfect fix.
Thank you

HP Recommended

@APM-Raymond

Perfect!  Thank you!  Bought ProBook 450 G3, same issue after upgrading to windows 10.  All fixed now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.