Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-bg000 Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A small beep from the right side of notebook comes while playing game sometimes.This beep doesn't come always but it happens sometimes playing after 15-30 minutes.I've noticed that one small beep with 10-15 seconds difference coming from right hand side(laptop fan is in left side and it doesn't make any sound so no fan issue).When i clicked the mute button the sound doesn't come but when i turned it off i hear it again.As soon i hear the beep i close the game and i actually haven't heard any kind of beep while playing audio or video over hours.This beep doesn't come always like i played over one hour i didn't hear any beep but sometimes i hear it after 15 minutes,at that time no lagging issue happens,everything working fine.I installed kaspersky anti virus before installing Fifa 14.pls help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Toni20

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If the issue is limited to a particular game, I recommend you refer to the game manufacturer for assistance,

Also ensure you have disabled the filter & sticky keys on your windows as that could also cause beeps while using the keyboard: (Worth a shot)

If the computer sometimes beeps while you are typing, Toggle Keys or Sticky Keys is active. The Toggle Keys can emit a beep when the Caps Lockkeys are pressed. The Sticky Keys function can emit a beep when the Ctrl, Alt, Shift, and Caps Lock keys are pressed. Use the following steps to disable Sticky Keys and Toggle Keys:

1. In Windows, search for and open Settings.

2. In Settings, click Ease of Access.

3. Under Ease of Access, click Keyboard.

4. Make sure the Sticky Keys switch is set to Off.

Figure : Sticky Keys setting

Sticky Keys set to Off

However, if the above doesn't work either, as mentioned before if this issue occurs on all games and at other random occasions as well, please Contact HP and let them know that you've already updated BIOS and that the issue occurs as mentioned before (On all games and random occasion) and they should be able to repair/replace the defective parts to fix the issue.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Toni20

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand there's a beep/noise coming out of your device,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Does these noises appear on a headphone as well?

Have you updated the BIOS to resolve the issue?

While you respond to that,

I have a few recommendations: 

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS 

• Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean 

• Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat 

• Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes 

• Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use 

For more details: Click here 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My laptop is just two months old & I haven't installed any new softwares.I repeat that beep sound comes from the right hand side of the laptop,never heard it coming from left side,I don't know is it coming from motherboard or speaker but when i clicked the mute button it was turned off,also to tell u that my bios has been updated but i haven't used my headphones while playing game.I need to mention that this beep comes sometimes not always.Some drivers haven't updated like realtek bluetooth,lan driver,etc. Which hp support manager notifies me can any outdated driver create this beep?

I have seen task manager and everything works normal.

HP Recommended

@Toni20

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

A beep isn't normal, it usually represents issues within the computer,

If it isn't an issue as such, you may want to ensure all drivers are updated including the BIOS and if the issue persists, it could be a hardware malfunction,

I recommend you Contact HP to have the device either repaired or replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I've contacted hp support via hp chat over 3-4 times and what they did is bios update and told me that notebook works normal if it's only happening while playing game,game is a third party application.They advised me to uninstall the game and told me that this beep sound doesn't come from audio,video etc. So Notebook has no isssue.My laptop is under 10 months manufacturer warranty and now how I can tell them it's need to repair/replaced? once I contact hp chat support they give me same reply.."do bios update,uninstall game & notebook is fine".Pls reply

@Riddle_Decipher wrote:

@Toni20

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

A beep isn't normal, it usually represents issues within the computer,

If it isn't an issue as such, you may want to ensure all drivers are updates including the BIOS and if the issue persists, it could be a hardware malfunction,

I recommend you Contact HP to have the device either repaired or replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Toni20

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If the issue is limited to a particular game, I recommend you refer to the game manufacturer for assistance,

Also ensure you have disabled the filter & sticky keys on your windows as that could also cause beeps while using the keyboard: (Worth a shot)

If the computer sometimes beeps while you are typing, Toggle Keys or Sticky Keys is active. The Toggle Keys can emit a beep when the Caps Lockkeys are pressed. The Sticky Keys function can emit a beep when the Ctrl, Alt, Shift, and Caps Lock keys are pressed. Use the following steps to disable Sticky Keys and Toggle Keys:

1. In Windows, search for and open Settings.

2. In Settings, click Ease of Access.

3. Under Ease of Access, click Keyboard.

4. Make sure the Sticky Keys switch is set to Off.

Figure : Sticky Keys setting

Sticky Keys set to Off

However, if the above doesn't work either, as mentioned before if this issue occurs on all games and at other random occasions as well, please Contact HP and let them know that you've already updated BIOS and that the issue occurs as mentioned before (On all games and random occasion) and they should be able to repair/replace the defective parts to fix the issue.

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I appreciate your effort to help me.I need to tell you that my sticky keys were off so it's not coming for that.Now the laptop isn't making sound randomly,so I will contact them when my notebook will do randomly.For better results I have decided to uninstall that particular game (Fifa 14).Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Toni20

It looks like you were interacting with Riddle_Decipher, but he is out for the day. 

I'm glad the Notebook is working right now. Drop us a message if the issue reoccurs.

Thank you.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.