LM80919
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Absolutely No Sound

Envy Touchsmart 17 Notebook PC m7-j120dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About a month ago my bosses laptop lost all for of sound.  I cannot get sound to come through the, built in speakers, headphone adapter, via Bluetooth speakers, or through the HDMI port to TV.

I've used all microsoft trouble shooting advice.  I've reinstalled and updated all drivers.  I even installed windows 10 on a new hard drive fresh to see if any other software on the laptop might be interfering.  Nothing works.

When doing a sound test at maximum volume I can hear little noises like it's trying to make a sound but unsuccessfully.

I'm convinced that it is a hardware issue.  Is there a separate sound card or processor that might resolve the issue or is the only option to replace the entire mother board? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
110,434 100,611 15,717 24,158
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Absolutely No Sound

Hi:

If the PC isn't reporting a 24 character audio failure ID code, the only suggestion I can offer would be to update the driver to this version and restart the PC.

6.10.6492.0     Jul 17, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

The audio chip is an integral part of the motherboard, so the motherboard would have to be replaced.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation