Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I wanted to just mute or check off the microphone on my laptop (the one that comes automatically installed on the laptop), only "Disable" made it completely go away. I don't even know what microphone it was. How can I get it back? Anything I can just download online?

HP dv2419us is the model. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Norfolkgal1965

Hi,

Check the link below:

How to enable Microphone when it is disabled.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi,

To enable mic
  1. Open Audio Devices and Sound Themes by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.

2. Click the Playback tab, click Speakers, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Levels tab, and then, under Mic, click the Mute button Picture of the Mute button to enable sound for it.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
Thanks for this Daniel. Unfortunately, there is no 'microphone' listed there. That's precisely the problem. It seems that in hitting 'disable' it deleted the mic entirely from my laptop. I have NO CLUE how in the world this happened. What I'm hoping to find out is if someone can tell me what the default mic is on this laptop so that I can do something to re-install, if that's possible. But I have no idea how to get that information short of calling tech support & paying for it. I thought I'd try this message board first.
HP Recommended

Try to reinstall Your audio driver.

Conexant High-Definition Audio here

HP Recommended

Goto the Recording Devices where you diabled the Mic

right click and select "Show Disabled Devices"

HP Recommended

Thanks!  That worked!

HP Recommended

i have the same problem. and there is no option to click to view disabled devices.

HP Recommended

The answere going to control panel > Sound > to Recording devices and clicking Properties and then Show Disabled Devices is the right one I just did the same thing and reinstalled my driver from HP.

Thanks for a concise good remedy

CatBurglerV8

Thank You Very Much
Very Sincerely
CatBurglerV8
HP Recommended

I did the same thing as yoiu and I am having the same problem as you.  How did you fix you issue?

HP Recommended

@Norfolkgal1965

Hi,

Check the link below:

How to enable Microphone when it is disabled.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.