Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion All-in-one 24-r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When using HDMI mode for video games (Nintendo Switch, PlayStation) 4, how can the volume be controlled? Increasing or decreasing the volume using the keyboard does not work. The volume is preset (I don't know to what level) on a high level and I cannot figure out how to control it. Can someone instruct on how to enter the settings while in HDMI mode, or whatever else can be done to increase/decrease the volume when using the HDMI port.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@boku0801, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try the steps below to adjust the audio settings in HDMI mode-

• The system is on Mute. Press the Volume key on the keyboard to get out of Mute state.
  • Open the Audio Settings menu from within the gaming application and make sure that the correct audio format output is selected.
  • Choose Digital Stereo or PCM Audio. (Certain HP AIO PC does not support AC3, DTS, or Dolby Digital 5.1 - Check with an alternate speaker)  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I thank you very much for the reply.

The suggestion did not work. The volume works fine, but I am not able to adjust it. When I press the volume key on the keyboard, nothing occurs while I'm in HDMI mode. In the past, if I recall correctly, when I press the enter key on the 10-digit numbers key a "settings" menu would come up while I am in HDMI mode and playing video games. Now nothing occurs. Also, I attempted to go into the sound options in the game, and yes, I can increase or decrease the sound in the game options, however, this is not what I am looking for. I am looking to increase or decrease the sound on the computer while in HDMI mode.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@boku0801

I don't believe there's an option to do that, you may want to increase the volume from the console connected to the AIO device, as that seems to be the only way to make those changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@boku0801

Let me know if you need any further assistance. Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.