Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-DK0049TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this laptop a month ago and I noticed that when the headphones are connected but no sound is being played for about 2seconds and you try to play a sound, there is a 2 seconds delay until the sound starts. I tried updating the sound drivers, deleting and reinstalling them but this does not fix the problem. This only occurs with headphones or USB speakers, not with the internal speakers. This problem is not limited to videos but also includes any sound such as system sounds and notifications. This problem is very annoying as I have to rewind videos after pausing them to hear what I missed. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rahuldhangar

Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows

The audio troubleshooting tool in Windows can automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer. Run the troubleshooting tool using the following steps:

• In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon https://hp.dezide.com/data/pictures/hp-external/web_author/guid-a7774d00-7a27-4b96-ab1c-b2f8a7083ba0-low_86905_en.jpg in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
  • Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
  • Click Next.
  • Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.
  • Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).
  • When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.
  • Click Close.
  • If a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix.

Let me me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rahuldhangar

Welcome to HP support community.

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?

While you respond to that, I recommend you download and install the latest Audio drivers and BIOS update for you PC: Click here to find and install.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,techy20,

Thank you for your response. I have tried all of these:

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

- Yes, I have used the Support Assistant and followed whatever it told to do, no success.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

- Yes, I am using Windows 10 Home with the latest updates installed.

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

- I have run Windows troubleshooter but it did not give any solution because there is no problem with the device; its running fine, but the only thing is that the audio is relaying after a lag.

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?

- HDMI cable? When did I say that I am using any HDMI cable in my question? I am using the 3.5mm audio jack to connect to my headphones and USB port to connect a USB speaker (Jabra PHS001U) sometimes)

I would appreciate if you go through the question asked thoroughly before answering it with copy-pasted generic replies.

Thanks,

-Rahul

HP Recommended

@rahuldhangar

Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows

The audio troubleshooting tool in Windows can automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer. Run the troubleshooting tool using the following steps:

• In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon https://hp.dezide.com/data/pictures/hp-external/web_author/guid-a7774d00-7a27-4b96-ab1c-b2f8a7083ba0-low_86905_en.jpg in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
  • Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
  • Click Next.
  • Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.
  • Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).
  • When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.
  • Click Close.
  • If a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix.

Let me me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you @Sandytechy20 for your prompt response. I was able to solve the problem as instructed in the troubleshooter by disabling the audio enhancements in the Headphones property dialog box under Signal Enhancements section on Advanced tab.

I have also created a precise video for step by step instructions on how to do that and I am uploading it here for other community members to watch and fix if similar problem arise.

Link: https://youtu.be/L5axjInY2js

I came across this issue on my new HP Pavilion laptop where the audio was starting with a 2 to 3 seconds delay. I posted this problem on HP support page and their generous support guy helped me by instructing how to fix it. Here're a video recording of steps involved to fix the issue. URL to ...
HP Recommended

@rahuldhangar

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.