Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ax208nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently reinstalled windows 10 after switching out to a newer ssd and am having audio issues with the headphones, where there during playback there's very noticeable crackling and popping all the time, unless volume is kept EXTREMELY low. I tried uninstalling all audio devices to get the laptop to force reinstall the drivers but it has not fixed the issue. I have also tried donwnloading the nvidia drivers for the gpu with their own audio drivers, but no use either. I have checked the headphones and they are not the culprit. 

I remember having a similar issue when I had just gotten the laptop initially, but that was quite e few years ago and i couldn't remember how i did it if my life depended on it. Given I work with audio, this is an extremely frustrating issue to be having. 

Some help would be very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Hexy 

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103883.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Hexy 

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103883.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

THAAAANK YOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!! I spend my days working on or listening to music, literally wake up to a spotify playlist and go to bed to another, you have no idea how much I appreciate the solution you provided. Not only did it work a charm but it was absolutely painless, so thank you and thank you again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.