Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-P085TX (G8D92PA)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

My notebook HP Pavilion 15-P085TX (G8D92PA) is making a crackling noise and needed to reinstall the driver. However, I could not locate the IDT High Def. driver for the device in HP Sw & driver download page. Notebook came with Window 8.1 which is upgraded to Windows 10. I am not but there was an Windows update recently which may have caused this issue.

My Beats Audio is also missing and I am suspecting it might be because of this which is causing the issue. It is not detecting external speakers connected through audio jack.

Till now, I have tried -

- Rollback Windows Update

- Reinstall default driver from within Windows

- Installed drivers that is currently available in HP Support page.

Please help in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Tommy

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Pavilion-G8D92P I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

I need to know: does an external speaker or headphone work?

And also, did you ensure the speakers are set to default?

While you respond to that, I recommend you create a new user account and check if it works,

If it doesn't, let's use generic audio drivers to fix this issue:

• Try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) your audio driver > Update driver software... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

• Open Start , enter Sound, select it from the list of results. On the Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

Turn off Audio Enhancements

• Follow these steps:

• Go to Start , enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or press and hold) the Default Device and selectProperties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.

Try different audio formats

• Try these steps:

• Go to Start , enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or press and hold) the Default Device, and then select Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under Default Format, change the setting, and then retest your audio device. If that doesn't work, try changing the setting again.

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge victorious)

If the issue with the sound continues, The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.