1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Driver for HP Pavillion g7

A5N32EA#ABH
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

My HP Pavillion has had bad sound ever since I updated it! It was a Windows 10 Security update (Update to version 1709) and after that the sound has been really bad. I solved it times and times before by rolling back to the earlier updates but now, Windows just ignored me blocking their updates and just went for it. I've been told by the Windows Community time and time again to go and ask my fabricator what kind of audio drivers I should install but I never know how so I thought I might ask this community! I hope you guys can help me out!!

Sincerely,

Inèz.

1 REPLY 1
Level 20
Level 20
112,964 103,141 16,195 24,889
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Driver for HP Pavillion g7

Hi, Inèz:

As you may be aware, HP does not support your notebook or any PC made prior to August 2013 for W10.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this W10 IDT audio driver from a newer model notebook also works for yours.   Install and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

If that one doesn't work, try this one instead...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation