Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 4xx G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having difficulties locating SSM compliant Windows 10 onboard audio drivers for an HP Probook 450 G5 via HP Softpaq Download Manager  It seems that all the Conexant HD Audio Drivers for these and related models have been pulled from the catalog.  update: SP95015 has returned to the Softpaq Download Manager, thank you HP.

I am currently fighting with audio drivers in SP95015.  I test the audio output and input to an external headset on freshly imaged laptops using Audacity which has been a very reliable up until I updated to this driver version.  Lately, on roughly 50% the the Probook 450 G5 models no audio input is detected from the external mic when headset is plugged in.  Of course, MS Troubleshoot doesn't detect a problem, lol.  Device manager doesn't show any driver installation problems either.  To add insult to injury, there are no previous audio drivers (there used to be, this model has been out for over a year and SP95015 was released 2/12/2019) available anymore for me to roll back to.

In Audacity I get the error: Error opening sound device. Try changing the audio host, recording device and the project sample rate

I tried simply relying on the .inf drivers from the provided Driver Pack while imaging these systems using MDT, but that was even less reliable.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.