Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I format my laptop and installed Windows XP Pro. But I coudnt find drivers for Audio. Plese Help me to Find the Sound drivers.

Product ID : EC181UA#ABL

Compaq Presario V2000

Chanaka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Those ID's confirm that your notebook has the Conexant AC-Link audio chip.

OK...here is what I did. A little detective work...

I like to use the free 7-zip file utility to extract the component files from the exe.

When I extracted the files from the driver that is posted by HP for your model that I linked you to above, here is the hardware ID for the Conexant Audio chip the driver supports.

[Conexant]
%*WDM_AMCAUD.DeviceDesc%=WDM_AMCAUD,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E

As you can see, this driver supports a different Conexant audio chip than the one in your notebook, because the hardware ID you posted is PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370

So, I googled the hardware ID and found several drivers that had the main ID of PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370, but they had a different &SUBSYS number.

I had to download and extract the files from a few of them before I finally found one that matched the exact hardware ID as yours which is PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_3091103C

Please see if this one works...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob-315...

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but it didnt work.

AAA.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that didn't work. According to the product number of your notebook that is the only driver available.

Please go to the device manager and click on the audio device needing drivers, and then click on the details tab.

Post the hardware ID you see there.

I want to confirm that the audio chip in your model is the Conexant AC-Link Audio chip.

HP Recommended

Hi,,

Thanks agin for the reply.. It has 4 hardware ID's.... I have attached the print screen pic...

Chanaka

BBB.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi:

Those ID's confirm that your notebook has the Conexant AC-Link audio chip.

OK...here is what I did. A little detective work...

I like to use the free 7-zip file utility to extract the component files from the exe.

When I extracted the files from the driver that is posted by HP for your model that I linked you to above, here is the hardware ID for the Conexant Audio chip the driver supports.

[Conexant]
%*WDM_AMCAUD.DeviceDesc%=WDM_AMCAUD,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E

As you can see, this driver supports a different Conexant audio chip than the one in your notebook, because the hardware ID you posted is PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370

So, I googled the hardware ID and found several drivers that had the main ID of PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370, but they had a different &SUBSYS number.

I had to download and extract the files from a few of them before I finally found one that matched the exact hardware ID as yours which is PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_3091103C

Please see if this one works...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob-315...

HP Recommended

HI,

Thanks alot for your help... I have installed "drivers for free" tool on ma laptop... It seached for the drivers and installed all the drivers... Now it works perfectly... 

Thanks again for ur help....

Chanaka

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got everything to work.

HP Recommended

not work for audio Win 7 os for my laptop

HP Recommended

HI vs_systems:

Thank you for your inquiry.

I was unable to locate any updated HP drivers for this computer and Windows 7.

You can try updating the drivers in Device Manage by right clicking on  the device and choose update drivers.

I am sending you a  link to "Audio output stops intermittently on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2"  click here.

You could also try the MS FIXIT  click here to automatically update the drivers.

If you require further assistance please  go to the device manager and click on the audio device needing drivers, and then click on the details tab. Post the hardware you see there and I will research further.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.