Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Ok, thank you. I will be working through each of these steps. Here are the results from the first couple that I have so far, the Scan Now and Windows Diagnostic steps.

Windows Diagnostic 5.pngWindows Diagnostic 4.pngWindows Diagnostic 2.pngWindows Diagnostic 1.pngScan Now Result.pngWindows Diagnostic 3.png

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Ok. I ran Windows Updates this morning and tested again with Spotify. The sound is still good for a little while and then turns garbled again. I have attached an image of the optional updates available to me. Should I install those as well? Also, do you want me to still try the other steps you had provided before, after the scan now and other step that I sent you the screenshots of? I ask because I did not yet get to try everything that was included in that message. Thank you again.

Windows Update 2.pngWindows Update 1.png

HP Recommended

Here are the results from some of those other steps. And sorry, I saw where you said before about running the optional updates too, including any driver ones, so I may be trying those too when I am able.

Cleanup Image RestoreHealth.pngCleanup Image CheckHealth.pngCleanup Image ScanHealth.png

HP Recommended

The optional updates have been done, but the issue is unfortunately the same. There is now another optional update for a preview though. Do you think that should be run? See below.

Windows Update 3.png

HP Recommended

Hello @bblaso17 

(1) Start Windows <device manager>

- Right click and uninstall devices

ub6424_0-1670890751514.png

ub6424_1-1670890763262.png

(2) Restart Windows

(3) Test <audio>

(4) Please report back

HP Recommended

I have uninstalled the underlined devices as you mentioned and restarted Windows. However, now there is no sound from the speakers and no audio device available to select that allows the speakers to be used. That is, unless I am missing or am unaware of a way to get them back without reinstalling those items in the Device Manager. Let me know. Right now, in this current configuration, the sound will only work through headphones, far as I know. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Further update: I performed a "Scan for hardware changes" task once the underlined devices were missing from Device Manager after restart, and that placed the devices back in the list. It also made the speakers selectable again, and allowed them to come back on. However, the problem is unfortunately still the same. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hello @bblaso17 

(1) Create Windows system <restore point>

How to Create a System Restore Point on Windows 10 or Windows 11

(2) Start Windows <device manager>

- Right click and uninstall devices with "attempt to remove driver" ticked !

ub6424_0-1671259785990.png

(3) Start HP Support Assistant

- Run "fix audio issue diagnostic"

(4Please report back

HP Recommended

Hello again! Sorry for the delay. With Christmas and all, I had a lot going on, so I didn't get to try the latest steps until now. I have completed them and attached the results. The HP Support Tool ended up reinstalling the driver after it had been successfully removed, and thankfully that seems to have corrected the problem. I just performed a test with watching FuboTV for about 30-45min, and the issue never presented itself again. I will keep testing again and with more apps as I get time, but hopefully we have seen the last of the issue. Thank you again for all your assistance! Do you have any idea what could cause the driver to have undergone such a bad change, if that was the issue, as it seems?HP Audio Issue Results.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.