Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Issues

HP Notebook - 15-ac620tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop was working perfectly fine last night and it had no issues whatsoever.When I switch it on this morning I find that the speakers aren't working.I tried plugging in my earphones and the sound that comes is distorted.The Distortion comes and goes.I've tried reinstalling the audio drivers with device manager, rolling back the realtek audio drivers and then updating it with DEvice Manager, I've used the HP Support application and followed the steps given there(including the BIOS diagnostic thing where the speakers dont work and the audio coming from the earphones is Distorted).I've also updated the BIOS and the whole system inlcuding the windows version has been updated.The problem still persists.Please HELP!

PS:I've also tried downloading the realtek audio installer(a 250 or so meg file) from the hp site which hasn't helped either

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Issues

Hi @SidRajagopal,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that your audio was just fine until recently. When you started your notebook the other morning, the speakers were not working and when you connect your earphones the sound was distorted. You have tried updating the drivers, rolling back the driver, running the HP Support Assistant and updating the bios. Windows is also updated. 

Do you know if this occurred after installing the Windows 10 anniversary update? Do you have that update installed? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10). If you connect external speakers do they work?

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation