Vivekk1989 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Jack (Headphone) Not working - Windows 10.

HP ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just gave m laptop to be repaired in HP and when I got back, the audio jack (Headphone) was not working. The speaker is working fine but the audio jack is not working at all. I couldn't even find the headphone in playback devices. I tried to upgrade my Laptop from windows 8 to 10, but no luck there

Laptop Model: HP ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabook

OS: Windows 10 (Upgraded from windows 8). All updates are installed

Product Number: D2X03EA#ABD

I tried all the options I could find on the internet. Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1895
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Jack (Headphone) Not working - Windows 10.

Hi @Vivekk1989,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More .

I grasp that after having your notebook repaired that your microphone is not working.  The speakers are working fine.  The microphone is not listed as a playback device.  You upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 but there was no change.

If you check Device Manger (right click on the Start button and choose Device Manger)  is the microphone listed under Audio inputs and outputs?  If not try clicking on "Action and scan for hardware changes.  Is there any change?  Do you see any unknown devices listed or any errors?  Have you done all your Windows updates?  Have you run the HP Support Assistant ? Here is a link to HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 8) as a guide.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as  "Accept as Solution”  to help other community  members!

To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation