Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Problem

HP Envy J049tx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Here is a problem with sound,as suppose a music is currently playing in laptop,it works fine as i touch my laptop and either tilt or lift it suddently sound gone,when i see mixer setting no green bar up down,and also audio control keys of keyboard stop working ,why i am facing this issue? Only at lifting or tilting laptop i faced issue if laptop is on flat surface no problem it works fine. as i lift it to my lap it stopped giving sound output when i restart laptop sound came back 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,704 7,685 422 583
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Problem

@rahul19995,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP ENVY 15-j049tx Notebook PC wherein the audio goes off when you lift or tilt the laptop.

This issue could occur if the laptop was dropped or the audio drivers may not be updated.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links to update the BIOS and audio drivers: 

1. IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

2. HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

Let me know how this works.

Let us know if the issue occurs when headphone is used.

Also, let us know if the unit was dropped or if there were any physical damages before this issue occurred.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation