kmcgill1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Audio Skip (Headphone Jack)

HP Notebook - 15-f100dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Need help fixing the skipping audio that occurs when theres no audio (when things are silent), but when i do play audio it goes away.
it doesnt occur when i take the headphones out of the audio jack, speakers are fine(no skip). it seems to skip when i have the headphones plugged in, it skips constantly (silent skip)

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5028 401 675
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

Hey @kmcgill1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with your HP Notebook - 15-f100dx. I can help you with that.

This document outlines how to troubleshoot headphone issues on your notebook. The document was designed with Windows 8 in mind, but the troubleshooting steps should be similar in Windows 10.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
kmcgill1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

still didnt cover it, its something to do with the headset port, im only using headphones so maybe thats the issue and its set for headset.....

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation