NGUYO Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Stuttering. Both speakers and headphones play sound at the same time.

Envy 15-j126tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop originally had Windows 8.1. I upgraded to windows 10 and the audio was working perfectly for a while until it started stuttering and also playing sound on both speakers and headphones at the same time. Even my audio levels keep fluctuating. I've tried every possible solution online but I can't seem to get it to work properly. I even resolved to installing my OS afresh, I deleted everything but still the same problem exists. Now my "High Definition Audio Device" is showing a yellow exclamation mark, it didn't show that before. Please help, I'm frustrated now. :catsad:

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2785 144 327
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Stuttering. Both speakers and headphones play sound at the same time.

Hi @NGUYO,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums!

I understand that the audio of your laptop started to have problem after the system has upgraded to Window 10. I want to help.

Please try to update the audio driver. You can download it from here: sp63555.exe Version 6.10.6491.0 Rev.

Uninstall the old driver from you device manager and install the download. Restart your laptop, and check if the version is 6.10.6491.0 Rev. Then test the audio again.

Let me know if it helps.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation