Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had recently bought a HP Omen 15, and everything is fine with it, except, when I watch videos anywhere, be it on VLC media player or YouTube, the first 5 - 10 mins work fine, but afterwards, there is a noticeable lag between the audio and video. The audio is always before the video. I don't know if the audio is going faster or the video is going slower. The lag keeps increasing slowly, and after 30 to 40 mins of viewing, the lag is extremely prominent (around 1 second lag between audio and video).

All my drivers are up to date as per HP Support Assistant. Realtek Audio driver version is 6.0.8717.1. I have even tried switching on and off 'Enable audio enhancements' and setting the sample rate to DVD quality but to no avail. 

Please help me with this problem. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@zaheersyed

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

Please create a new User Account and check if you face the same issue.

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @KrazyToad

Thanks for the reply. I made a new user account and tried watching a video, but I got the same issue. After around 10 mins of viewing I started to notice the audio and video getting out of sync again.

Any other thing I can try? Maybe manually updating a driver? This issue is really frustrating.

HP Recommended

@zaheersyed

You could try updating or reinstalling the Video and Audio drivers directly from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Display Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Video driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Video driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Do the same for same for Audio drivers.

Also run the SFC scan. Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Under Display adaptors, I only have NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, which already has updated drivers. I don't have anything else saying 'Video driver'.

As for Audio drivers, I have 2 dropdowns to select from in Device Manager:

1.  Audio inputs and outputs -> This has Microphone Array, Speaker/Headphone, and Stereo Mix.

2.  Sound, video and game controllers -> This has NVIDIA High Definition Audio, NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device, and Realtek Audio. 

All of them have updated drivers. Which one out of these, if any, should I attempt to reinstall?

Finally I've also successfully run the SFC scan. There's no problems with it.

HP Recommended

@zaheersyed

Uninstall the  Realtek Audio and restart. If the issue persists perform a Reset and let me know if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the Realtek Audio driver and restarted. It still didn't solve the problem. 

I haven't performed a reset yet as I have a lot of apps I use currently for work and study and I don't want to go through reinstalling all of them again right now. I will probably do the reset later.

HP Recommended

@zaheersyed

Since updating the drivers didn't work, Resetting the Notebook should help. You can perform the Reset at your convenience and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.