Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15m-ee0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I am in Zoom class or meetings, randomly, I will get a message stating my audio/microphone is no longer working. Then a high-pitched noise comes out the speaker. I am no longer able to use my audio/microphone until I reboot my computer. I took the laptop to GeekSquad and they suggested turning off some things in advanced output audio settings. After that, it still made the noise and shut off my audio/mic. I noticed on another thread that people changed settings in advanced input audio settings, so I just did that now. I am just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem and if they found anything that worked. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the last post on page 8 at the link below is of help to you...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-driver-issues-envy-15m-ee0013dx/td-p/7757580/page...

What you do is this...download the Revision Number Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.1 Optional software from the link below.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-4000-g-series-desktop-processors...

Have it perform the factory reset of the graphics system and then let it install the new graphics driver.

After that is done, restart the PC and what is going to happen is that Microsoft is going to download and install the bad graphics driver again.

Restart the PC after it does, go to the device manager, click to expand the graphics adapters device manager category.

Click on the Radeon graphics adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab, click on Roll back driver.  It will ask you why and you can select one of the reasons, and the new driver should reappear, and you shouldn't get the graphics driver update again.

Hopefully after you do this, the audio & microphone will work as expected during Zoom and when using other applications.

HP Recommended

I've been following these threads for days, pulling my hair out, as I try to get my Envy to work properly.  The AMD driver update, per others instructions seemed to work (yes, I paused Windows updates), but after a couple hours on Zoom, it crashed again, but the crash was different.  Rather than hearing the screeching/buzzing, a message simply popped up: "Your microphone and speaker is not working.  Please check your connection or use different one."  When I start clicking on things to re-select a different mic or speaker, it all freezes and the computer crashes...

Could you clarify, however, your point about rolling back the graphic driver?  Is that necessary if Windows update was paused?  Here are my current drivers after doing the purge and update direct from AMD:

Microphone Array (AMD Audio Device):  12/6/19;  10.0.19041.1

Speaker (Realtek(R) Audio): 12/6/19;  10.0.19041.1

Display Adapter (Radeon(TM) Graphics - 9/9/20;   27.20.12029.1000

AMD Audio Device - 8/11/20;  2.0.0.41

AMD High Definition Audio Device - 4/1/20;  10.0.1.16

Realtek(R) Audio - 3/24/20;  6.0.8923.1

HP Recommended

For that matter, if anyone has found a fix that lasts more than a couple hours (Just start a zoom meeting and let it run...), please post the exact driver version/dates.  THANKS

HP Recommended

You don't have to roll back the driver if you paused the windows updates, but I recommend you either do what I wrote, or run the hide windows update utility and see if it finds that update so you can permanently hide it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-za/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei...

Otherwise, let it download and roll it back and it will never return.

The person on page 9 of that other discussion I posted, next to last post hadn't reported any further issues after installing the latest graphics driver from AMD.

If the above recommendation doesn't work, then I don't have any other suggestions to try.

HP Recommended

This Solution is not longer effective. It also damage the Mute key on your keyboard

HP Recommended

The rollback still works and is the official method to prevent Microsoft Windows Update from 'fixing' your driver. Just press the rollback button and it will leave you alone (until a new official comes out).

But the 20.9.1 version still crashes. Just two today with Zoom.

So no need to try, as the new driver also does not work properly.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul. 

I appreciate all you do for the community and for looking into this. 

It seems that this is happening across many many machines 15M-EE0013DX.

Could this be the culprit? also im not sure why HP removed this but I have a cached version. 

Something about the AMD Audio Coprocessor not being compatible?

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:lvozWb3HKFgJ:https://support.hp.com/lv-en/docu...

HP Recommended

Anyone know if a permanent fix has been released?  I was doing great on the above advice for 30 days until a forced windows update set me back to square one...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.