Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello yes i had the same problem and @Dvortex solution helped me get my audio to play right thank you so much! By the way i think you have to have your headphones pluged in when you install the update to make it work.

HP Recommended

I have been searching for a solution for the past 11days 17hrs and 38minutes to be semi-exact 😜 but I couldn't fix my laptop! Most of the highly recommended hits that I got when I typed in my search, (which was btw phrased however many different ways I could for the life of me come up with) DID NOT WORK!! BUT THIS DID!!! oh thannkuuu u kind sir may God bless u!!

HP Recommended

Hey. I had a similar problem and fixed it in the most random way :D. IF you go to control panel > hardware and sound > realtek HD Audio Manager (at the bottom) > Device advanced settings (top right) and it should be on “mute the internal device, when an external headphone plugged in”. Change this to the bottom one, “Make internal and external output devices playback two different audio stream simultaneously” and that actually fixed the problem for me. If this does fix it and the problem suddenly appears again one day, I will go into these settings and change it back as a new update might change it. Hope this helps and good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.