Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
01-21-2021 06:35 AM
Product: HP Pavilion 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I bought two HP Pavilion 15 laptops two months ago and since the very beginning I've been experiencing the same issue on both laptops. Whenever I pause a video and then resume playing it, there is no audio for about 3-4 seconds. It happens regardless of the software I'm using (Windows Media Player, VLC) and on YouTube as well. It also doesn't matter if I'm using headphones or speakers.
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, but it didn't help. Troubleshooting didn't detect any problems. I tried all solutions I could find online, but nothing seems to work.
It's a very frustrating issue, because I translate movies and I have to pause videos very often. I would be very grateful if you could suggest a solution.
1 REPLY 1
02-05-2021 02:05 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community