Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello!

I have the following issue which as far as i'm aware is a common problem. Looking for a work around, and a bit of a moan really! lol

So long short of it is that when i play audio there is a 2-3 second delay. If i play a song or video straight away after playing another one, its fine. When i leave laptop alone for about 10 secs, it turns off audio or something so when i play a video there is a delay! I got around this by changing the driver from a rreaktek driver to a microsoft " High-definition audio device ". But this morning it has just stopped working again.

This is so frustrating! Please can anyone help??

Thank you! Specs below!

General specifications

Operating system

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Microprocessor

AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

System memory

16 GB

Memory slot 1
8GB Samsung 2400MHz

Memory slot 2

8GB Samsung 2400MHz

System board

85DD 40.36

System BIOS
F.17

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @khojaluna,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I read your post regarding audio issues with your Envy computer. I will be delighted to assist you with this. Smiley Happy

Fabulous diagnosis and superb analysis of the issue before posting.

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit.
  • Did it happen soon after windows 10 updates?
  • Did the computer come pre-installed with windows 10 originally?
  • Have you connected a headset to the audio port and checked if the audio playback works fine?
  • Are these speakers Bang and Olufsen speakers?

For starters please try these steps out:

Please connect a headset to the audio port and check if there is continuous audio. If there is audio then the issue is with your speakers and it needs to be replaced.

If the headset also has an issue then try these steps:

• Right-Click on the start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Then check the box and delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset, and audio drivers from this link Please select the country and type the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions. 

If the issue persists, This means that the computer needs to be sent in for service. Before coming to this conclusion, To eliminate possible hardware malfunctioning on the notebook, please run diagnostics on the audio module from this link here. and select the option "Running the UEFI Component Tests "

If it fails and reports a failure code, keep me posted. 

Hope this helps! 
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @khojaluna,

Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.