2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Audio disappears when I use the microphone

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 440 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Recently, I started to have issues with my audio. I use my earphones (which also has a microphone in it) to communicate with others. However, when I use the microphone (in e.g. Skype or Discord), all audio just stops.  The only way to get audio back is to stop activities regarding voicechat and deactivate and reactivate the audio on my earphones again. Even going to the 'Recording' tab, stops my audio.

I have tried several things to resolve this issue, but none worked:

1. uninstall the audio driver (which is Conexant ISST Audio) via Device Manager and restart the laptop. This did not solve my problem.

2. I tried to update the audio driver, but my audio problem remained.

3. I tried to rollback the version of the audio driver, but that did not resolve my problem either.

4. I ran sfc/scannow, but no issues were found.

I found a few things worth mentioning:

1. My microphone was not migrated:

Device INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_50F4&SUBSYS_103C8100&REV_1001\4&19410147&0&0001 was      not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

2. My problems started around when I installed the update 'Conexant HD Audio Driver 2015'. However, I uninstalled it but it solved nothing.

3. WIndows Update could not install version 9.0.134.2 (twice), but it did succeed in installing 9.0.186.10. 

I know that returning to factory settings is an option, but I'd rather not due to the effort that is required after. I would really like to know if there is another way to solve this problem. 

Therefore, please let me know if there is a solution out there. Or if you need information to help, please let me know. 

Much thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
ikusan_callidus
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Same thing is happening on HP Probook 440 G3 with Windows 10 (64bit Enterprise 1803).

As addition, System restore to a point before the installation of Conexant drivers which made audio misbehave did not help either.

As far as I can see, the problem manifests when I plug in the headphones with microphone.

0 Kudos
MrRice
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello ikusan,

In the meantime I solved this problem, at least for me. 

What worked for me was to open HP Recovery Manager, click on 'Install drivers (again)' under Help! and search for the Conexant driver in the list (for me it was at the top). Tick the driver and install it.

It might crash the laptop but you should try installing again if it does crash. If not, then it should be reinstalled successfuly.

Good luck and let me know if it worked! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation