Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have ran tests the volume is up but can't use any

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@JML97

Welcome to the HP Support Community

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number to assist you better.

Keep me posted,

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a Pavilion x360 Model 14-ed1004na

Thank you

HP Recommended

@JML97

Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu and run Audio test.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Sample List of the Component tests

Audio Test - The Audio Playback Test checks that the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes one minute to complete.

To run the test, click Audio, and then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

If the audio test passes, click on this Document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00833257  for Resolving No Sound or Audio Problems.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I followed your instructions thank you and it passed the test. However, that hasn't resolved my problem. I'm trying to listen to a Hubspot training video and still have no audio despite volume being at its highest. Do you have anymore suggestions?

HP Recommended

@JML97

Try using a different browser and check if it is working.

Use a different application and check if the audio is working.

Use external speakers and check if it works.

Keep me posted!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.