Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy x360 convertible 15m-ee0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently got laptop and updated all drivers and BIOS upon setup.  Main purpose of purchase was device for online meetings and virtual schooling.  While on Zoom, there are issues with audio, specifically displaying errors in microphone or speakers not being recognized or being disconnected.  It has displayed the following drivers alternately: AMD audio device, Internal Microphone (AMD audio device), and AMD audio CoProcessor.  There is also ocasionally a loud pitch sound emitting from speakers that does not let up until laptop is forced to be reset/turned off.  I Have updated AMD drivers with Radeon graphics drivers package directly from AMD many times, only serving as a temporary fix.  I contacted HP for support, they suggested downloading updated drivers again and also reversing to previous BIOS and blocking automatic updates; fix was also temporary.  Some zoom meetings are able to be completed, but then the next suffers same issues.  It is very frustrating having to interrupt and reset meetings, download drivers constantly and still have same problem.  Does anyone have a permanent fix?  I read somewhere there was conflict between some specific drivers and BIOS, but I can't find that article anymore.  Would this be something that will get resolved with a software update or is it something inherent to the laptop?  My return-window conveniently expired right around the time this problem started but I'm still under HP warranty.  Please help.

82 REPLIES 82
HP Recommended

Hi:

I had that happen to me too on a similar model notebook (15-ee047nr) with the Ryzen processor.

The microphone is part of the graphics system, not the audio system as one might expect, and a recent Windows update knocked out the microphone.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to run the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows®  utility at the top of the webpage below.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Once the auto detect utility is installed, it will show an option to do a "Factory reset" which will delete, and reinstall all related graphics drivers (it will not remove any other program or app installed in your PC, or affect any of the already existing information).  It just resets the graphics system.

HP Recommended

I have an HP  ENVY x360 m Convertible 15m-ee0013dx. Like you, I bought this specifically to be able to use video conferencing all day for my work.  I bought it a couple months ago. I provide telehealth services. The speakers are consistently failing daily and the microphone stops at times. This happens during Zoom, Google Meet, and Skype. I sometimes get the error in zoom that the internal speakers are disconnected. It then freezes the program. No other computer audio will work during this time. You tube video will not work. Most often, it freezes and crashes the computer. Occasionally, it begins to emit a very loud buzzing noise that, like you said, does not stop until the computer shuts down. 

I have had about five full live chat sessions with HP tech support. They have updated drivers. They have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. They have had me reset the entire laptop and I had to do all my set-up for work again after having backed up all my files. None of this worked. I then chatted with them again and they auto detected the drivers and updated the drivers AGAIN and restarted the computer. When I tell them they have already done these things, they tell me to see if it works this time and that they will check tomorrow. It has been more than three weeks of me attempting to fix this problem between trying to work.  I have spoken with HP tech support on the phone and they told me that this is a "software" problem and therefore they won't help me unless I pay to be a member of their software support program. This is an unacceptable answer for a brand new laptop that won't run the most commonly needed software programs in the world right now. These same programs work on a desktop computer, an iPad, and another brand of laptop that we are using. It is clearly a problem with this laptop. 

I have asked for ways to email HP my complaints. I've waited on hold with tech support for hours. I'm trying to get through again right now. This has been a really disappointing experience. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem on a new Envy laptop (as are a number of others on this forum), and I have tried the same fixes with no success. HP Support was not able to help. If it helps anyone, in the Windows event viewer, each time the audio fails I am seeing these errors:

Event 1001, Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: AppHangXProcB1

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: svchost.exe_Audiosrv

P2: 10.0.19041.1

P3: 7f0c4c00

P4: c098

P5: 64

P6: audiodg.exe

P7: 10.0.19041.423

Event 1002, Application Hang

The program svchost.exe version 10.0.19041.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: f88

Start Time: 01d6762b551cbfc7

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Report Id: 86310a16-e9ed-4303-a4ae-c6d56a971934

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Cross-process

For the last failure, shortly preceding the above errors there are similar errors reported for 

BangOlufsenAudioControl.exe but that file has not been called out in other instances.

HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue as described by the users above. Daily failures of audio drivers during Zoom/Google conferences resulting in black screen with highly distorted repeating audio. Some instances result in a message from the software indicating that microphone and speakers have been disconnected.

Issue persists across several major videoconferencing platforms. I have returned the laptop to the retailer and gotten a new one- issue recurred from day one. Have never encountered this issue on any machine I have used until I purchased this a few weeks ago.

I am an IT professional at a major university in the southeast. My job is to literally figure this kind of crap out when it hits the fan. I'm seeing a novel issue occurring across several different software platforms, reported by multiple users. It is consistent on two (brand new) examples of this laptop, is reproducible, and doesn't happen on any other machine. This is not Zoom's fault, this is not Google's fault, their software is fine. This is an HP problem. No, not an AMD problem, an HP problem.

This made its way through their QC either undetected or unresolved and that falls on them. Willing to bet it was brought up but ignored. HP- Your remote support techs are not capable of resolving the issue. You need to scramble your interns and find a hotfix for this.

envy x360 15m-ee0013dx

Win10 Education Version 2004, Build 19041.450

HP Recommended

@Blyat

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Since my last post I have tried a couple of things. I did a PC reset and re-ran all OS and driver updates (which may or may not make a difference based on others' experience). I also opened the Bang & Olufsen audio control and turned all enhancement settings to "off." Have used the laptop for several online meetings in Zoom and MS Teams and so far, so good. Trying not to get my hopes up, but fingers crossed! Will post another update if things change.

HP Recommended

I am also experiencing the same issues across 10 different 15M-EE0013DX machines. HP Needs to get on this as many people enjoy this laptop but this audio and videoconferencing issue is big during a time like this.

HP Recommended

please keep us updated. I have many of these machines and they have been working fine until recently. 

HP Recommended

@Mmac05 @Chewy718

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.