Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@itsavvy-ankur wrote:

@Musicpos wrote:

I have had several days of it finally working.  There seems to be a bug in some of the drivers.  You want to go to the HP Driver page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15m-ee0000-x360-convertible-laptop-pc-serie... and download the June 24 version of the Graphics Driver.  I used the AMD driver cleanup utility to get rid of the newer drivers.  Since then, I have not had an issue.  I will try to find a way to let HP know, and I will email AMD.

@Musicpos - Thanks for the fix, I have tried to install this today after repeatedly trying various options, did you have to disable windows updates and any other default updates to continue using the old drivers ?

Just for information I am on envyx360 AMD Ryzen 7 15 inches.

I have previously observed :

1. Randomly the buzzing sounds from speakers possibly due to crashing while NFS Most Wanted and on a few zoom meetings even though no one was on it.

2. The GPU temparature was around 50 - 60 degree Celcius ( which is normal).

3. The dedicated GPU memory once the speakers crash usually freezes (or may be the graphics stop giving any information back to the OS at this point).

4. To resolve it has always been a hard reboot.

To fix this I have tried the below which has not resolved my issues:

1. Disabling windows updates

2. Uninstalled the default HP / Windows drivers for Sound Devices

3. Used AMD cleanup utility and installed the AMD Radeon software drivers

As of 25-Sep-2020 I have installed the 24th June 2020 version of the graphics driver as per your suggestion post a clean up of the drivers, I will observed and report back on how this behaves.

I have the June 24th driver installed, and after installing I ran Windows update to check and it did not try to install new drivers. Try checking for yourself, if anything mentioning AMD starts to download, just hit the pause button.

HP Recommended

In case this helps HP..

I have two sons that purchased 15" HP x360 recently. One uses Teams and the other one Zoom. BOTH have same audio buzzing problem. I haven't been able to try the temporary fix above because to do that I have to drive over 500 miles. Will try and report back when I can make the expidition.

HP Recommended

@RobDev5 How did you find it??

HP Recommended

Last I checked, it is now the only one on their website.

HP Recommended

When I try to do this my computer tells me that the current OS version does not support it?

HP Recommended

@itsavvy-ankur wrote:

@Musicpos wrote:

I have had several days of it finally working.  There seems to be a bug in some of the drivers.  You want to go to the HP Driver page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15m-ee0000-x360-convertible-laptop-pc-serie... and download the June 24 version of the Graphics Driver.  I used the AMD driver cleanup utility to get rid of the newer drivers.  Since then, I have not had an issue.  I will try to find a way to let HP know, and I will email AMD.

@Musicpos - Thanks for the fix, I have tried to install this today after repeatedly trying various options, did you have to disable windows updates and any other default updates to continue using the old drivers ?

Just for information I am on envyx360 AMD Ryzen 7 15 inches.

I have previously observed :

1. Randomly the buzzing sounds from speakers possibly due to crashing while NFS Most Wanted and on a few zoom meetings even though no one was on it.

2. The GPU temparature was around 50 - 60 degree Celcius ( which is normal).

3. The dedicated GPU memory once the speakers crash usually freezes (or may be the graphics stop giving any information back to the OS at this point).

4. To resolve it has always been a hard reboot.

To fix this I have tried the below which has not resolved my issues:

1. Disabling windows updates

2. Uninstalled the default HP / Windows drivers for Sound Devices

3. Used AMD cleanup utility and installed the AMD Radeon software drivers

As of 25-Sep-2020 I have installed the 24th June 2020 version of the graphics driver as per your suggestion post a clean up of the drivers, I will observed and report back on how this behaves.

Hi , I thought I would report back on my issue since I installed the drivers. It is now almost a week since installing the drivers mentioned on this post and I have not at all encountered the speakers crashing issue. For any facing this issue, this might be the only fix that has worked, worth a try. Thanks @Musicpos for the suggested fix.

HP Recommended

For reference, while we wait for a real fix, I've advised three people who were shopping for new PC's to get anything other than an HP.  My story of a brand new $800 machine with such a seemingly simple issue...combined with the fact that their support has been horrific is all they needed to run the other way.

One got a Lenovo and the other two purchased Dells.

HP Recommended

They all have the same problem. It was the AMD Drivers, and it has been fixed.

HP Recommended

Has it actually been fixed? I had this issue happen in Zoom last Monday (Sep. 28) and again last night in Skype (Oct. 4).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.