Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just to let you know I have tried both the June 24 and Sept 24 Graphics drivers on TWO 15" x360 Envy and still have the problem. However i did it by uninstalling the graphics driver (only) in device manager and then installing the new driver. Others report success so something else must be needed as well. It might be necessary to uninstall/reinstall audio drivers as well and/or run the AMD clean up utility. I plan to try that next.

HP Recommended

That is necessary, and more important is to stop Windows from updating the driver.

HP Recommended

I ran the cleanup utility and then let windows update to the sept 24. no problems since then. this website on the other hand is broken af

HP Recommended

Any final solution to this? I'm not tech savvy. Please can someone send the link to to whichever update/ driver i need to download to fix it.

Many thanks in advance,

Flec

HP Recommended

I am an IT professional and I support many of these machines as I have recommended them to many friends and family. The laptop is fantastic but this audio issue has now reached a level of annoyance that is making people question wether this is a good laptop or not. 

HP. PLease look into this with AMD and supply a fix. 

IT seems that the AMD Audio Coprocessor is incompatible with the sound drivers or vice versa. Please assist. 

HP Recommended

IMPORTANT

I think I can confirm that it is ESSENTIAL to do more than just install the 24th June Graphics Driver update. I tried just installing the update on TWO laptops and that didn't work. Four or Five days ago I repeated the exercise but this time I did the following on one of them and that one as been OK since. 

1) Backed up Documents and made a restore point.

2) Ran Windows update

3) Went to HP support and downloaded the June 24 Graphics Driver.

4) Opened Device Manager, found the AMD Radeon Graphics driver, right clicked and uninstalled it. Screen resolution changed.

5) Went to the AMD website and ran their driver cleanup utility. Followed iinstructions to restart in safe mode. Agreed to any prompts etc.

6) Restarted in normal node. I think screen resolution went back to normal at this point but can't remember exactly.

7) Ran the June 24 Driver exe downloaded in step 3).

8). Restarted

9) Paused Windows updates. Not sure if this is necessary but I have had conflicting opinions. I plan to enable updates in another week or so when I'm sure the problem is gone to see if a update makes it come back.

I'll be happier when I've been able to do the same to our other laptop and they've both been problem free a bit longer but its looking good at the moment.

HP Recommended

I've now updated our second laptop as above. Had a minor issue in that we had to run the driver installer twice. After the first attempt and restart it was still saying it was using the Microsoft basic graphics driver. Ran it again and it successfully installed the 24th June AMD Radeon driver.  Not convinced this was finger trouble but..

So as an extra step at the end  recommend restarting and double checking that it is actually using the AMD Radeon driver by looking in the device manager -> display adaptors.

HP Recommended

i have been following this issue closely as I have recommended this laptop to many people and now have to do IT support for them as HP is incompetent at fixing this issue. 

Have you used this on several zoom meetings with no issues?

HP Recommended

Look, im sorry to be picky, but... if you have to pause Windows Update for the remedy to continue, it's clearly not a permanent fix, is it?!

Can someone on HP just please communicate

1. Where the problem is

2. What the solution is.

and 

3. Provide the ultimate update or whatever is required, so we can get on with using the computer without worrying about whether its going to last a zoom conference, or not?!

I'm going back to Asus...

HP Recommended

Chewy718 - I have two sons with identical HP Envy Laptops. One uses MS Teams and the other Zoom. Both had this problem. I updated the one that uses Teams about 7 days ago. His laptop has been fine since. I only managed to update the one that uses Zoom two days ago. He's only made one Zoom call since and that was fine. I plan to report back here in a week or sooner if he has problems.

NOTE: Doing the driver update on its own did not work on either laptop. IMHO you must uninstall the driver, run the AMD clean up tool and reinstall the Graphics Driver. Then it should work. Why this works I don't know. 

I have turned off Windows update but its too early to say if this is necessary. When im sure both have been fine for a week i plan to turn Windows Updates back on to see if the problem comes back. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.