Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cs0051wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Sound, Video and Game Controller driver simply disapeared, I just tried to watch a video on youtube and the next second there is no sound. When I go check the driver it isn't there. I tried troubleshoot for sound and hardware but it just keeps loading for hours and nothings happens, I tried installing the Realtek drivers available in the HP support site but it didn't work. I tried rebooting the computer. Tried everything I could find online and nothings works. Does anyone know how to solve this? Can I reinstall the driver, because I couldn't find it anywhere.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ysantos

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

As I understand, there's an issue with the audio. Don't worry, I'd be happy to help. 

Let's try these steps to try re-enabling the device - 

1.) Press Windows and R button together to open Run window. Type devmgmt.msc and then click on OK.

2.) Locate the Sound, video and game controllers category in the list.

3.) Click on the Action menu and select Add Legacy hardware.

4.) Click on Next to start the Add Hardware wizard. 

5.) Select Search for and install hardware automatically (Recommended).

6.) If the wizard tells you it can’t find any new hardware, click Next.

7.) You should now see a list of hardware types. Scroll down until you see Sound, video and game controllers. Select it and click Next.

8.) Select the manufacturer and model of your sound card, then click Next.

9.) Click Next to install the device, then when the installation is complete, click Finish.

10.) Expand the Sound, video and game controllers category, and right-click on your audio device. Click Enable in the pop up menu.

You may also try these steps - HP PCs - A 'No Audio Device is installed' Message Displays

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.