cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Audio driver

HP Recommended
Probook 430 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have clean-installed Windows 10 Pro 2004 on a Probook 430 G1 - after years of struggles.

The installation wiped my  "IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver" and the Microsoft driver is rubbish.

Paul_Tikkanen had posted a solution that I tried to follow:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Windows-10-audio-driver-IDT-Hi...

I downloaded the Intel video driver and control pane 20.19.15.5107 Rev. W (Jan 2020)
from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-430-g1-notebook-pc/5379211

The file sp101484.exe should also contains the "IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver"

The exe file failed  with a "you don't meetthe minimum requirements" (I have 16 Gb ram).

I managed to manually install the Intel video driver, but when I tried to manually install the audio driver I got the message that "Windows has already the best driver". 

Thank you in advance for any help

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation