Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Bang & Olefson Spectre

I got Airpods because my brand-new Apple headphones were intermittently only playing in one ear, so I thought the audio jack was going bad on my laptop.  The Airpods worked perfectly fine for one day.  I use my laptop for playing back and transcribing, so I stop and start audio often.  Now, intermittenly, the volume will be super loud and when I turn it down, it's too quiet.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @mitoer

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

What's the model name of the computer? Click here for steps on finding the information we need. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

What's the operating system installed on the computer?  

Let me know.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

I have the HP Spectre x350, QHD Touch i7-6600 8GB. Windows 10.

Thanks!
HP Recommended

@mitoer

Try these steps -

Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -

1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did both of those. Still having the same issues. 

HP Recommended

@mitoer

Follow these steps to test the audio -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F2 once. 
4) Go to Component test. 
5) From the list, run the Audio test. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.