Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,004 1,399 2,375
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sathyaa,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the audio on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

For better clarity and to assist you better I’ would require more information regarding this.

What exactly seems to be an issue with the audio?

Are you not able to hear any sound from the speakers? 

Have you tried to connect a headphone and check if that works?

Did this happen after a recent software update?

Have you tried to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant?

For starters, please try this.

Please uninstall the audio drivers in device manager and check the box delete the software for this device also.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand network adapters >then select the wireless drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.

Then restart the computer and check again.

• Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset  and audio drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers
  • Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Then restart the computer and check again.

If it continues, to eliminate hardware failure please run component tests on the machine from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

• Please ensure to follow the option “Running the UEFI Component Tests” from the link.
  • Do ensure to run audio diagnostics. If any component fails, please make a note of the failure code that gets displayed.

I suggest you to review this HP document which contains in-depth steps to troubleshoot such sound related issues.

There are steps included like running the hardware test on the speakers, updating the BIOS, updating the audio drivers, etc. Please check if all of these steps have been performed. 

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Sathyaa
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for ur reply.

The issue is that when I insert headphones, I could able to hear the sound via both headphones and speakers. It happened after the recent software update. When I click on audio icon on the right bottom of screen, I can only see Speakers (realtek high definition audio SST) alone. No headphone name. I think I uninstalled that somehow after this issue occured.

Under Network adapters in device manager, I can only see

Realtek PCIe GBE family controller

Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe adapter

WAN miniport (KEv2)

WAN miniport  (IP)

WAN miniport  (IPv6)

WAN miniport (L2TP)

WAN miniport (Network monitor)

WAN miniport  (PPPOE)

WAN miniport (PPTP)

WAN miniport (SSTP). There is nothing like wireless drivers

Sathyaa
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help me sort this issue. 10 is new to me and I couldn't solve on my own. If I search google or youtube, Its making big mess.

Please guide step ny step to resolve this. I will try the restart AND F2 options as well.

Sathyaa
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, System Tests.

Here I can see only

Hardrrive

memory

language

exit.

Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,004 1,399 2,375
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sathyaa,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you are having issues with the sound coming from headphone and speakers, as well as you having issues with the Hardware diagnostics, don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

Let's try to address one issue at a time.

Please follow the steps suggested for Speaker and Headphone work at the same time

Check the 'Disable front panel jack detection' option: 

1. Double-click on the Realtek HD Audio manager system tray icon 

2. Click on small folder icon  

3. Check that the 'Disable front panel jack detection' tick box is unticked. 

4. Now insert the jack plug of either a microphone or headphones into the corresponding front panel socket of your computer. 

5. If you now see the message 'Information: A jack has been plugged in', then you do not need to change this setting as your system has an HDA compatible front panel. 

6. If you do not see this message, then click on the small folder icon again and tick the 'Disable front panel jack detection' check box. 

If any of the above options are unavailable, install the latest drivers for you audio adapter and then try again: Click here for the drivers 

Regarding the HP Hardware diagnostics, I would suggest you would need to go ahead and update it, so that you will have the latest version installed and this should show up all the options.

For more assistance, please go through this link: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation