Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio is horribly distorted

HP Envy 17t-n000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The audio on my HP Envy makes what sounds like a death rattle.  This started about a month ago and I have performed 2 system restores, a system refresh, download new audio drivers, restore old drivers, uninstall new drivers.

The speaker plays static when the system is muted.  Once you begin playing actualy audio, within 15 seconds the static will fade out, only to return when you change applications, or plug in a usb, hdmi port. 

Of course this happens within 30 days of the warrenty expiring.  (good timing for sure!)

2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,243 4,159 562 1,260
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear customer,

Kindly try this workaround

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crackling-sound-Distorted-Sound/m-p/5797418

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Highlighted
Casey_1 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This did not work.  I don't have a DTS Sound System.  I have a Bang and Olufsen.  Some of the same menu options are there, but the noise is there even when everything is disabled.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation