Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eh0000 (9WD45AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

After updating windows my audio has been messed up.

Basically when the volume is 2% it sounds like the volume is 100%.

So I cant adjust the volume anymore

2023-01 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5022404)

2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022360)

HP Inc. - SoftwareComponent - 1.52.3317.0

Sound Research Corp. - Extension - 16.66.88.4094

Sound Research Corp. - SoftwareComponent - 2.0.10.88

After these were added in the update the problem started.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hey, I have the same issue. Could you please let me know if you find a fix?

HP Recommended

Only fix i have rn is to roll back the audio drivers.

HP Recommended

I just fixed it. You need to go into devices; gaming, sound and video devices, and for me it says AMD audio device since my laptop has an AMD chispet. But just find your primary audio device and roll back to the previous drivers.

HP Recommended

For me i rolled back my realtek drivers and it worked but ill keep inind this method for next time thx!!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. After much exploring, as a novice, I can't work out how does one roll back in Windows 11. 

Device Manager?

Gaming doesn't have any audio associated...I'm working on this device, not gaming. So it doesn't get me to the same place as above if I open "Gaming".

Also, I added a 2nd monitor and did updates at the same time and now the built-in HP laptop Vectus NVIDIA audio doesn't input or output sound at all. Had skype reinstalled, too. 

Actually, 3 days ago an automatic windows update caused Bitlock or something to do the black screen. '

Had to reinstall Windows 11. Nothing but trouble lately, though this new Vectus had no trouble till this week.

Only the NVIDIA high def audio shows up associated with the hp 2nd monitor.

The exception, when the laptop's own sound DOES work is on Zoom.

Screen message appears asking do I want to use computer audio, yes, and it works.

HP Recommended

I worked it out - was very simple.

Just clocked DO NOT ALLOW on the 2nd Monitor associated sound setting and it automatically caused the audio on the main device to sound.  Maybe it didn't related to any of the above...just the wrong setting.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as well. I rolled back Windows but that did not work either. Did you roll back resolve the problem?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as well. I rolled back Windows but that did not work either. I have run countless diagnostics without any solution. The mic on my pc has disappeared. Did you roll back resolve the problem?

HP Recommended

The rollback helped. Go to device manager and try to roll back the audio driver or ur chipset manufacturers audio driver

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.