Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 2018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, 

I hope you all are doing good; this is my first time posting here. So, I purchased my Omen 2018 about 2 months ago. Everything has been working fine until about a week ago the speakers audio started dropping. I am watching netflix or listening to spotify or doing anything that uses the speakers and the audio suddenly drops by half. I have the slider maxed out at a 100% but the audio sounds as if it was at 50% or less. I have tried disabling the audio devices and enabling them again but the issue persists. The issue is temporarily fixed if I reboot the computer. It started happening maybe once a day and the reboot would resolve it, but now, I reboot the computer and it happens again after 20 or 30 minutes, which is too much since im not going to be rebooting every 30 minutes.

This exact issue happened with my previous HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and after a while the issue was permanent and no reboot would fix it. Is this something that has happened to you guys as well? Have anyone found a solution yet?

I would really appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, so I have an update on the issue.

The previous link you provided me did not fix the issue, the driver was not compatible with my PC and therefore, my audio went from very low to non existent. I proceeded to look for an updated compatible driver and the HP drivers site scan my PC and determine that the below driver was missing. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437

Driver: sp92416

Once installing it and rebooting the machine my audio was back and working perfectly. I have tested the machine for the past 24 hours and so far no issues. If it happens again I will notify you guys.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

after a quick research I've found this article on the knowledge base: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862158/model/11991509/docum...

Perhaps it applies to your model as well.

The article is from 2016 if I'm not wrong, so I would suggest you to update the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver to the latest version via the HP support page

Cheers

HP Recommended

Thanks!

I will download and install the update and test it for the following couple of days and let you know.

HP Recommended

Hi, so I have an update on the issue.

The previous link you provided me did not fix the issue, the driver was not compatible with my PC and therefore, my audio went from very low to non existent. I proceeded to look for an updated compatible driver and the HP drivers site scan my PC and determine that the below driver was missing. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437

Driver: sp92416

Once installing it and rebooting the machine my audio was back and working perfectly. I have tested the machine for the past 24 hours and so far no issues. If it happens again I will notify you guys.

Thanks for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.