Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15z Laptop

The sound on my laptop will work correctly for about 10 seconds, and then it will fade out and I can't hear anything despite my volume being set on the max level.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I followed these steps today and my laptop is now fixed. I was hesitant at first but I got this from another thread of someone with the same issue and it works perfectly! Hopefully it does the trick for you too!

Steps

* goto https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

* download AMD Cleanup Utility for Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 64-bit

* Follow run instructions

* Hit finish and select restart now

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@New71 Here's what you need to resolve the issue:

• Windows Audio is a Windows service that manages audio for Windows-based programs. If at all this service is stopped due to any reason, audio devices will not function properly.
    To fix audio services, open the run command and launch services.msc.
  • In the services window search for Windows Audio and right-click on it to select Start to start the audio service.
  • And ensure the Startup Type is set to Automatic.
  • Click Apply and OK.

Restart the computer and check if it works.

If the issue persists, try the steps mention on this link: Click here.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day! 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem.  I've tried various fixes, in particular the one suggested on this thread and it still doesn't work.  It plays full sound for a few seconds and then the sound volume goes down (but on the laptop sound is still showing full out sound... just not coming full out of the speakers).

HP Recommended

I followed these steps today and my laptop is now fixed. I was hesitant at first but I got this from another thread of someone with the same issue and it works perfectly! Hopefully it does the trick for you too!

Steps

* goto https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

* download AMD Cleanup Utility for Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 64-bit

* Follow run instructions

* Hit finish and select restart now

HP Recommended

I have tried everything!! nothing works, it is so frustrating

HP Recommended

I'm so sorry to hear that! It's so frustrating! You even tried using this website? https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

HP Recommended

I have had the same issue...just read through some other threads with the same issues and found this.

"HI, Did you find any solutions? Assuming you're using AMD, Try rolling back drivers for the AMD Audio coProcessor.

>Device Manager>System Devices>AMD Audio CoProcessor>Properties>Driver>Rollback Driver

It worked for me (at least for now). Not sure if problem will not reoccur in the future."

This has worked for me, might be worth a try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.